Sustainable Processes and Optimized Technologies for Industrially Efficient Water Usage
The 3 main objectives of the SPOTVIEW project were:
- to develop and demonstrate innovative, sustainable and efficient techniques,
- to optimize the use of natural resources, especially water, in three industrial sectors (Dairy, Pulp and Paper and Steel),
- to assess a total of 14 existing and new separation and treatment technologies at pilot scale.
A sustainable, recyclable, and biodegradable high barrier flexible packaging material
- Produce two proofs of concept for an innovative food packaging material that is compatible with a circular
- Develop the three breakthrough technologies required in order to produce this material
Produce high concentration MFC (microfibrillated cellulose)
Reconsider compression for a new alternative refining process
An innovative blister, recyclable and biodegradable
- To anticipate the French Law against waste and for Circular Economy (AGEC) which bans the use of plastic films for delivery of printed documents (newspapers, magazines, advertisements, etc.) from 2022.
- To create a transparent paper to replace plastic blister packs for magazines and newspapers.
- To support the implementation and production of this new innovative cellulose packaging