Chemical analysis laboratory
Chemical characterisation, food contact, compliance and product safety
- Perform qualitative and quantitative tests of the organic and inorganic compounds in your paper/board pro-ducts, additives, effluents, black liquors, etc
- Identify and quantify the presence of chemical contaminants according to the applicable regulatory frameworks
- Check and verify the quality, safety and compliance of your products according to a specific statutory docu-ment or set of requirements
The CTP’s Chemical Analysis Laboratory performs tests on various types of samples such as paper/board materials, effluents, additives and black liquors.
The objective is to check that your products or ef-fluents comply with given regulations, client specifi-cations or certification requirements
Our analytical departments also have the requisite expertise to develop testing methods tailored to spe-cific needs, and are active members of various stan-dards commissions
The tests are performed in accordance with the requirements of current regulations and standards (AFNOR, ISO, CEN, TAPPI).
Gas chromatography – mass spectrometry (GC-MS)
The various regulatory frameworks (food contact, product safety, hygiene, etc.) and specifications of your clients make it necessary to investigate a large number of substances, from the percentage level down to trace amounts (filler content, reducible sul-phur content, mineral oils, phthalates, BPA, etc.). The equipment available at the laboratory is capable of meeting all such requirements.
These facilities can also be used to identify the na-ture of unknown substances such as volatile com-pounds or non-intentionally added substances (NIAS) in the framework of a risk assessment.
Our laboratory can assist you in a wide range of areas from characterising a composition to evalua-ting compliance with a statutory document.
HS-GC-MS volatile phase analysis
- Gas chromatography: GC-MS, GC-ECD, GC-FID, GC-NPD
- Volatile compound (HS-GC-MS) and pyrolysis (Pyrolysis GC-MS) analysis modules
- Liquid chromatography: LC-MS, LC-UV, LC-Fluo, LC-DAD, separative LC
- LC-GC-FID coupling
- Ion chromatography with amperometric and conductivity detection
- ICP emission spectrometry and AAS in furnace or hydride mode
- Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy/microscopy
- Specific analysers: assaying of halogenated com-pounds (AOX, TOCl, TCL, POX, etc.), TOCmeter
- Elemental analyser (CHNS/O)
- Microwave digestion, automatic extractor (ASE
Accredited for testing
The laboratory holds COFRAC accreditation no. 1-0552 (scope of accreditation available at www.cofrac.fr) as per the ISO 17025 standard.